Thirsty

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Jackpot

Growing up is realizing the inevitable banality of mankind. When I was a kid and heard people talk about politics, the stock market and all those other things I had no clue as to what those grown-ups were talking about, I marvelled at the complexity of their words. Now I realize that's just what they were: words. Take for instance the stock market: a lot of complicated fiscal and financial mechanisms are the thorns of a rose called 'sentiment'; blind belief, suspicion, fear, greed, proud,...What do 200 pages of graphs prove? That you should hire this broker, and not the other. Believe what you want to believe. As the sophists in ancient Greek pointed out, truth is what people think is true. The truth is what you perceive the truth to be. We are all monkeys keeping ourselves busy with our petty yet somewhat funny games. My family's pet rabbits are my saints from now on. They embody my truth, hell, they embody THE truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home