Thirsty

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas 2005

Christmas just isn't what it used to be. The butterflies that once reigned my tummy when dressing up real nicely for the family feast couldn't handle the arctic tempest that is adulthood. Instead of gifts, I get money. Instead of snow, I see cotton balls. Maybe it's because ever since I got back from Japan, I've been living with my parents again, ripped away from the set currents of time that are supposed to bring me independence and freedom. My daily life = underlined Comic Sans MS, behaviour patterns of an encaged tiger, travels of a cockroach. How I long to set sail again! I'd blow the wind myself. Faraway from routine and the comfort of mediocrity, off to self-fulfilment. Maybe then Christmas would feel like kissing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home