Thirsty

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Corporate life and the hours that remain

Matter has tightened its grip on me; my boss has requested a company car and I'm probably getting a considerable pay raise some time next month. From a future mother-in-law's point of view, this is a good thing. But along with it side-effects have also started to arise at the surface, like a Moon-sect gathering of frog eggs: they are all married to each other but the overall fertility rate is questionable. Being a part of a 9-to-5-but-most-of-the-time-6-or-7-corporate apparatus has numbed my tentacles that used to pop up every time the space time continuum would bend its boundaries in a giant gasp. It would yawn in all its privileged majesty and switch sides in bed, opening up the funnel through which words, images and thoughts of various weights and colors could tumble down and find peace (or war) throughout the nervous channels of my brain. Now those vessels are filled with words you can only hear in the metropolitan business districts. Luckily, I still don't know what they mean.

I'm sure the antidote is still there somehow, I just need to find you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home