Thirsty

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Heart-shaped

In my world, invisibly walled, she was wearing something red. I couldn't clearly point out what it was exactly, but it was something red. A classic heart-shaped earring maybe, with even maybe a matching heart-patterned dress. But no, that would be too much. Too fifties-diner-style, drinking a milkshake, no matter what kind, as long as it is pink, on the way to a drive-in cinema, where night fills lungs. I'm playing the air guitar to an old tune and I see the bar tender looking at me, thinking "he's got it", while an hour ago I was just plain sober and he was just plain bar tender. Now, however, we share a connection, one that can only last as long as I'm in the bar. Only difference is that he probably knew her for real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home