Thirsty

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Engrave

Yes, I deleted the last post. It was just too crazy. Basically, I don't consider this blog as a means of communication, at least not in the first place. The most important reason for expressing myself through this page is probably the therapeutic function it has.

On the other hand, writing something down might also enhance the effect of what one writes. For instance, if I feel a bit depressed and I thus write down "I feel a bit depressed", acknowledging that possibly momentary feeling and engraving it somewhere where it is there to stay, never to be lost. That way, actually "actualizing" what one feels or doubts into words, physically noticeable, it becomes part of reality. This reality is still what most people consider to be the standard for judging something's actuality.

Yes, we can be demagogues to ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home